Living in the modern era of technological advancements and capitalization, people started feeling like they really need applications that will help them in the process of buying & selling services and goods. As a result, many invoicing software was developed for the purpose of invoicing that assists you in proper billing.
Owning and using invoicing software helps you track projects, invoices, and estimates and get paid on time. In addition, they automatically convert quotes into invoices and makes it easy to follow billable hours. You will also find that most of these invoicing software offer client portals to help you get an approval of estimates quickly to get to work and get paid.
Invoicing software aims to help the users create invoices. Still, they also allow users to get payments in multiple currencies, set reminders for the clients, create recurring bills for the clients, and many other features.
Invoice software fosters the effectiveness of your business. It enables you to manage all the processes more efficiently, making you save a lot of time and money. The majority of them also have an option to send out personalized invoices.
But wait. We see plenty of online invoice software available, so you may ask yourself which one you should choose? Don’t worry, because we did some research for you, and you can take a look at the list of the top 5 recommended invoicing software below.
The #1 on the list of the top invoicing software is Freshbooks. The billing and invoicing software is built to provide different features on one single platform. Therefore, use it to create invoices easily within a few seconds and even organize your expenses more efficiently.
- Design and generate invoices in seconds
- Send reminders on due dates
- Securely charge your client’s credit card
- Request deposit before getting paid
- Create summary reports
- Recurring invoicing
- Offer discounts
- Automatically calculate taxes
- Choose preferred currency
- Instant updates on payment of invoices
- Automatically track inventory billed on invoices
- Free trial available
- Accept online payments, including PayPal
- Unlimited customizable invoices
- Includes client portal on all plans
- Easy to use
- Lite: $6 / month
- Plus: $10 / month
- Premium: $20 / month
QuickBooks is an invoice software or a bookkeeper platform that lets you collaborate with an expert through a video chat and gives you detailed financial reports every month.
QuickBooks offers many features not found in other invoicing software, such as inventory management, in-person payment, and tax features. The tax features allow you to manage 1099 contractors, which cannot be found in other invoicing software. Therefore it is a unique feature.
- Track income and expenses
- Pay invoices
- Manage 1099 contractors
- Multiple users
- Financial reports
- Tax management
- Customizable, unlimited invoices
- Accept all payment types
- Bank reconciliation feature
- Tax features
- Time-tracking tool
- Self employee: $7.50 / month
- Simple start: $12.50 / month
- Essentials: $20 / month
- Plus: $35 / month
- Advanced: $75 / month
Zoho Books is a simple accounting software providing all the basics invoicing features such as creating and sending invoices, tracking expenses, syncing bank accounts, creating reports, and accounting on all your devices. However, it can quickly scale with your business, offering a complete set of accounting tools that grow with your business.
Zoho Books helps you manage your money and work across several different departments with the help of 40+ various Zoho apps.
Note: You don’t need to chase your clients for payments because Zoho Books will do it for you by sending reminders to your clients.
- End-to-end accounting
- Reminders for clients
- Polished, professional invoices
- Multi-currency invoicing
- Recurring invoices
- Send professional invoices
- Set up automatic recurring invoices
- Accept online payments in a fast and straightforward way
- Track and categorize your expenses
- Charge clients from one place
- Get real-time updates on your cash flow
- Monitor transactions and order them
- Stay updated with your finances with powerful accounting reports like Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement
- Enable inventory tracking and manage goods
- Basic: $9 per organization/month
- Standard: $19 per organization/month
- Professional: $29 per organization/month
Xero is advantageous accounting software that is extremely helpful for accountants and bookkeepers. Educators, small businesses, investors, and app developers tend to use it the most. The main goal of Xero is to make small businesses work by providing a wide variety of features for their benefit.
However, Xero is a pricey billing solution. Still, it could be worth it if you expect to need accounting features for a quickly growing business.
- Pay your bills and accept payments
- Claim expenses
- Bank connections
- Track time, costs, and profitability of your future projects
- Payroll with Gusto and bank reconciliation
- The complete history of each contact
- Send invoices, calculate sales tax and create quotes
- Multi-currency accounting
- Early: $5.50 / month
- Growing: $16 / month
- Established: $31 / month
Scoro is definitely one of the best invoice software options on the list. It makes your billing work easy and trouble-free by offering many helpful features for any type of company.
With the help of Scoro, you can have complete and deep insight into your money matters and track and share the financial progress reports with your team.
- Create invoices and automate recurring billing
- Late payment reminders
- Track your progress and share reports with your entire team
- Allows team members to collaborate efficiently from wherever they are
- Get an insight into your money matters
- Create and send customized sales, prepayment, and credit invoices and quotes
- Set up recurring payments
- Set up automated overdue reminders
- Get a complete overview of each client’s profitability
- View all the vital information on a real-time dashboard: sent invoices, monthly estimated revenue, etc.
- Essential: $28 / month
- Work hub: $42 / month
- Sales hub: $42 / month
- Ultimate: Price on request
In this article, we’ve looked at the top invoicing software and their respective features and pricing plans.
Based on the features found, we can claim that for small businesses, Zoho Books may be the best option, while Scoro is meant for large enterprises, offering a wide variety of features.
Freshbooks, Xero, and Quickbooks are extremely helpful in bookkeeping and calculating sales tax.